HOLY F***ING SH**!!!! THESE ARE THE MOST AMAZING THINGS I’VE EATEN ALL YEAR!!! These homemade samoas are SO easy to make since they only contain 3 ingredients!
Savory or Sweet?
Which do you prefer? I usually prefer savory foods like pasta and avocado toast, but I still have love for sweet foods as well. These homemade samoas are the perfect guilt free sweet treat! All you need is some dates, coconut shreds and vegan chocolate chips to melt!
What makes chocolate vegan?
It’s a little tricky to find vegan chocolate, but most stores have it! It’s hidden among the chocolate chips in the baking isle. All you have to do is look for the darkest chocolate they have (70% cacao or more) and then double check the ingredients.
Stay away from anything that has the word milk in it: milk fat, butter milk, powdered milk, milk powder, milk fat powder, etc. You get the picture.
Also make sure to check for whey. This always derived from dairy products and it NOT vegan.
One ingredient you don’t have to worry about is cocoa butter. It’s a little deceiving, but cocoa butter is not actually butter. It’s just the fatty part of the cocoa bean – extracted. YAY! It’s vegan!
Lastly watch out for added sugars. Some sugar out there is processed with bone char (tear) and it can be hard to detect. If you see added sugar in any products, always check to see if they are bone char free on Peta! [Here’s the link]
Like I said before, these cookies are only 3 ingredients! AND are super easy to make. All you have to do is combine the coconut & dates in your blender or food processor and pulse until they are mixed well. Shape the cookies and freeze for about 30 minutes. Then dunk and drizzle with melted chocolate!
Mix + Shape + Freeze + Dunk + Drizzle + Devour!
Vegan Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
|Prep:||Yield: Make about 9 Cookies||Total:|
Only 3 ingredient vegan Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
- 14-15 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Toasted Coconut
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips, melted
- Combine the pitted dates and coconut in a blender or food processor and pulse until sticky and combined. You may have to scrape the sides down a few times.
- Form into small saucers with your hands and poke a hole in the middles - a straw works best.
- Place on parchment paper and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring frequently.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and dip one side of the cookie in the melted chocolate. Place pack on the parchment paper.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the cookies (you might not use the all the chocolate).
- Place the cookies in the fridge for 10-15 minutes & they are ready to eat! (best kept in fridge until consumption)
To find vegan chocolate chips, look for dark chocolate with over 70% cacao; read the ingredient list and check for to milk or butter. note: 'cocoa butter' is vegan.
Don’t forget to check out your exclusive freebie library! There you will find fitness & nutrition freebies that are only offered to subscribers! Gain access by joining the tribe below and download anything you want anytime!
Join the Earthling Tribe!
Come on board to receive access to my FREE resource library (just download anything you want, anytime), plus recipes, workouts, giveaways, and more!