JULY NEWS!!! If you are subscribed to my email list (if you’re not than you’re totally missing out) then you might have recently heard that the Vegan Starter Guide is getting a bit if a facelift!
Drumroll please… I am in the process of turning the eBooks into a full Going Vegan interactive course! This means that the eBooks will only be available for a limited time and at their low price. The courses will be more extensive and interactive so they are much more valuable than just an eBook download.
I can’t wait to launch the new products into the Universe and start healing the globe one vegan at a time! Anyways, on to the recipe 🙂
I’ve been LOVING fresh salads and lettuce wraps lately since it’s been so warm here in Minnesota, something that only happens during a fraction of the year around here. But, these collard green wraps are a life changer!
If you aren’t familiar with collard greens or collards let me give you a little run down on them and their amazingness.
Collard Greens Nutrition Info
They are packed with nutrition! You’ll find a hefty dose of vitamin K, A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, manganese, omega-3s, fiber, calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, folate, and more!
Collard Greens (and many other dark leafy greens) help support many important body functions and promote good health; here are some of the benefits:
- digestive health
- hearth health
- bone stregnth
- cancer prevention
- anemia (low iron) prevention
- healthy hair growth
Basically eat more collard greens to promote a healthy body and mind!
The vegan bacon in these wraps is made from tempeh. It’s one of the healthiest soy products out there and my true love. All you’ll need to do is mix these together these 3 ingredients and marinate the tempeh for a few minutes before searing.
1. Liquid Smoke – the smokey flavor really makes these little guys taste like the real deal.
2. Maple Syrup – The naturally occurring sugar in the maple syrup leaves a perfectly sticky layer of deliciousness on each slice.
3. Coconut Aminos – This will give the tempeh the perfect golden color and the salty taste of traditional bacon.
All links above lead to Amazon and are the products I recommend using.
Let’s talk about this Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning from Trader Joe’s! IT’S AMAZING!! I’ve been putting it on everything from avocado toast to salads. It’s the perfect complement to these wraps as well – snag some from Amazon here.
START EATING MORE PLANTS!
If diving into that vegan lifestyle isn’t what you’re ready for yet, that’s okay! It took me 6 months to finally commit to veganism – now I can never see myself going back! Everyone’s transition is a little different; some go overnight and others take years!
Are you ready to start your transition process to a plant based-diet right now? Check out my Vegan Starter Guide: The Plant-Based Difference! Now available for instant download! Make sure you subscribe and check your email so that you can save 10% on the BUNDLE!
NEW MEAL PLAN AVAILABLE! Check out the Budget Meal Plan! It’s full of 22 vegan recipes that cost less than $1.75 per meal. Who said eating healthy had to be expensive?! This eBook also includes a full meal prep guide so you can have healthy options ready in seconds.
And finallyyyyyy, here’s the recipe for these little nuggets of magic!
Tempeh Bacon Collard Green Wraps + Pineapple
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 4-5 wraps||Total:|
The perfect combination of raw veggies, sweet pineapple, and savory tempeh bacon!
- 1 package Original Tempeh (Lightlife brand)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4-5 large collard green leaves
- 1 medium sized bell pepper (red or orange looks the best!)
- 1/2 medium sized red onion
- 1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 4-5 tbsp tahini (1 tbsp for each wrap)
- Everything but the bagel seasonin
- Choice of dip (Vegan BBQ sauce is AMAZING!)
- Start by mixing the coconut aminos, liquid smoke, and maple syrup in a shallow bowl.
- Open and slice the tempeh (the short way) into strips and marinate for a few minutes.
- During this time, get your veggies prepped. Wash and chop the bell peppers, onions, and pineapple. Wash and trim* the collard greens.
- Heat up a non-stick pan on medium heat to cook the tempeh.
- Cook the tempeh for about 5-8 minutes on each side or until it starts to look brown and crispy.
- Use the excess marinade to baste over the tempeh as it cooks. It will dry out while cooking so this is an important step.
- Assemble the wraps: lay 1 collard green leaf on a flat surface with the stem facing towards you then layer the following in the middle going across leaving room to wrap on the ends: 1 tbsp tahini + sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning + 4 slices of tempeh bacon + sliced bell peppers + onions + pineapple
- Roll the wraps: Start by taking the stem side and carefully wrapping it over the other ingredients, then tuck the ends in and continue to roll until you form a wrap. I like to use a little extra tahini to help the collard greens stick to itself and hold everything together.
- Repeat previous two steps for the remaining collard greens.
- Cut each wrap in half and enjoy with your choice of dipping sauce! Some vegan BBQ is amazing with these.
*trimming collard greens: wrapping works best if you carefully slice some of the stem off to make it thinner and easier to roll.
Join the Earthling Tribe!
Come on board to receive access to my FREE resource library (just download anything you want, anytime), plus recipes, workouts, giveaways, and more!