The winter months are coming sooner than we think! Stay warm this winter with some warming carrot soup. This creamy carrot soup is super simple to make since there’s only 4 ingredients! What’s your favorite warm soup? – leave a comment at the bottom of this post
3 Benefits of Eating More Carrots
1. Boosts your immune system: We all need a little immunity boost during these cold months since we are spending more time indoors breathing in all those dusty germs…
2. Maintains digestive health: Keep your body firing on all engines with more carrots in your diet!
3. Amazing source of antioxidants: Antioxidants help your body get rid of free radicals which can help slow down the aging process, WIN!
The BEST Soup & Smoothie Blender
This soup really comes down to the blender you use. If you have a food processor or Ninja blender, UPGRADE NOW! Those machines are great for other recipes but you really should consider snagging the latest deal on Amazon or Groupon for a High-Speed Professional Blender.
There are 2 brands that are AMAZING and I have used and loved both: Blendtec and Vitamix. The one you choose is up to you!
I personally have a Blendtec in my kitchen. I love the extra creaminess of the soups and smoothies. Blendtec uses a dull blade so it can literally pulverize the foods you throw at it.
An amazing feature about the Blendtec is that it comes with a special separate jar for making super thick smoothie bowls and homemade nut butters! This could also be a con since it does cost extra.
I have used a vitamix before at work (The family I nanny for has one) and it’s hard to say anything bad about the Vitamix! It has a super sharp blade that can grind up anything! One thing I realized is that you definitely needed to use the scraper/pusher piece to push down your smoothies if you wanted them thicker.
The Vitamix also sits taller on the counter than the Blendtec which can be a make or break deal for some people. Do you research and see which style best fit your needs!
Warming Carrot Soup
Finally! The soup! First you’ll need to boil the carrot soft and create the garlic cashew cream.
Use about a pound of carrots (or 6-7 cups worth) and boil them in a large pot for about 30-35 minutes until they are soft. Make sure to save the carrot water for later!
While your carrots are cooking soak 1 cups of cashews in a 1/2 cup of water (I do this right in the blender). Soak for about 10 minutes. Add 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic, depending on how much flavor you want, and blend!
Save the cashew cream to the side (no need to wash out the blender) and add the soft carrots and enough of the reserved water to just barely cover them. Blend on high for at least 30 seconds.
Add in a heaping scoop of the cashew cream (feel free to add more or less to your liking) and blend again. Then add a little pink himalayan salt and blend one last time.
The soup can be perfectly served with a heaping green salad and some pita bread for dipping 😉
Warming Carrot Soup
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 4 large servings||Total:|
Warm & creamy carrot soup is perfect for cold fall and winter days.
- ~1 lb. or 6-7 Cups of Carrots
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Water for boiling
- Boil the carrots in a large pot for 30-35 minutes
- Soak the cashews in 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes
- Add the soaked cashews, 1/2 cup water & garlic cloves to a high speed blender & blend on high for at least 30 seconds
- Remove the cashew cream and set aside
- Add the boiled carrots to the blender and just enough of the reserved water to cover the carrots & blend on high for at least 30 seconds.
- Add a heaping scoop of the cashew cream and some pink himalayan salt and blend again
- Serve topped with some extra cashew cream!
Serve with a heaping green salad & pita bread for dipping
Don’t forget to check out your exclusive freebie library! There you will find fitness & nutrition freebies that are only offered to subscribers! Gain access by joining the tribe below and download anything you want anytime!
Join the Earthling Tribe!
Come on board to receive access to my FREE resource library (just download anything you want, anytime), plus recipes, workouts, giveaways, and more!