YouTube Videos are BACK!!
I took a break from the YouTube after posting weekly for about 6 months. I talked a little about this in my last post, but I went through quite a bit of life changes that needed some extra time getting used to! Even though they were probably the ‘funnest’ part of this blog, editing videos took up a lot of my time – hence the break.
But now we (my husband Tony and I) are all settled into our new house and I can finally say I feel like I have a normal schedule again with my new nanny job. Take some time to appreciate this recipe video! More to come 🙂
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! I’ve never really been into this Hallmark holiday, but I still think it’s fun to do something special just because. These vegan pizzas are the perfect way to treat yourself (or your partner, friends, family, you get the picture).
All Vegan Ingredients
Bob’s Red Mill brand makes some amazing products (not sponsored…please sponsor). The crust is so easy to make and totally gives it the “homemade” flavor. I also LOVE that every one of their recipe mixes (like this pizza crust mix) gives a vegan option.
You have everything you need right in the package – including the quick active yeast packet. The only thing you need to add are the eggs. Obviously, we use flax eggs here on Educating Earthlings and this Bob’s Red Mill product also recommends a flax egg for a vegan crust.
DIY Flax Egg: 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Water (this recipe needs 2 eggs, so double that)
For this recipe, you can mix the flaxseed meal right in with the yeast after it’s activated.
*DROOL* this is literally the BEST vegan sausage I’ve EVER tried!! Tofurky has a few flavors of vegan sausage on the market, but this the Italian is by far my favorite flavor. It’s definitely more of a ‘ vegan junk food’ but it’s okay to treat yourself once in a while!
Tofurky is a setian based product which means that the main ingredient is vital wheat gluten (not gluten-free). Vital wheat gluten is a flour substance that is 80% protein and 20% carbohydrate and acts as a binding agent. When mixed with the proper ingredients, it can take on the flavor and texture of traditional meats.
Just slice up these bad boys straight out of the package (it’s already cooked and ready to eat) and add to the pizza for added protein and amazing flavor.
Okay, okay, I know… Processed vegan cheese isn’t good for you, but it’s better than the alternative! I would love to go into more detail on the dairy industry right now, but I like to keep it positive on here and focus on what you SHOULD eat compared to telling you what not to eat 🙂
Daiya cheese is something that I like to add to recipes for pure convenience! It’s got a great flavor and melts very similar to the real deal. If you want to opt for a more natural homemade cheese, check out this tofu ricotta cheese that is also AMAZING when spread on pizzas!
START EATING MORE PLANTS!
If diving into that vegan lifestyle isn’t what you’re ready for yet, that’s okay! It took me 6 months to finally commit to veganism – now I can never see myself going back! Everyone’s transition is a little different; some go overnight and others take years!
Are you ready to start your transition process to a plant based-diet right now? Check out my Vegan Starter Guide: The Plant-Based Difference! Now available for instant download! Make sure you subscribe and check your email so that you can save 10% on the BUNDLE! 🙂
NEW MEAL PLAN AVAILABLE! Check out the Budget Meal Plan! It’s full of 22 vegan recipes that cost less than $1.75 per meal. Who said eating healthy had to be expensive?! This eBook also includes a full meal prep guide so you can have healthy options ready in seconds.
Heart Shaped Vegan Pizza
On to the recipe! You can order some of these items on Amazon for a great price:
Heart Shaped Vegan Pizza
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 2-4 servings (2 small/medium pizzas)||Total:|
Bomb AF vegan pizzas with the best vegan sausage and a gluten free crust!
- Bob's Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix + 2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- Organic Pizza Sauce
- Choice of Toppings: Onions, Peppers, Garlic, Pineapple, Spinach, Basil, Tofurky Sausage, Daiya Cheese, etc.
- Start by following the directions on the crust mix. You can add the flax and the yeast to the warm water at the same time. Don't use extra water for the flax eggs yet, you might not need to.
- Add the olive oil to the wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry mix to the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms. Add more water (one Tbsp at a time) until a ball forms - not sticky.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes and then place in a covered bowl to rise for 30 minutes.
- In the meal time, prep your toppings and preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- After the dough has risen, cut it in half and roll out two pizzas. Create a heart shape if desired - don't worry about them being perfect.
- Pierce with a fork to prevent bubbles. Add the pizza sauce and your desired toppings.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and slightly crispy. TIP: If you like extra crispy crust, cook on a sheet of parchment paper!
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before cutting right down the middle & Enjoy!
You probably won't have leftovers, but you can keep them refrigerated for 2-3 days in a sealed container.
PRIVATE COACHING & ONLINE WORKSHOPS
IN MY PRIVATE COACHING PROGRAMS WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DETERMINE YOUR UNIQUE ENERGETICS AND CREATE A PROGRAM THAT BEST FITS YOUR NEEDS. OR ENROLL IN AN ONLINE WORKSHOP THAT’S GUIDED BY ME, YOUR COACH.