Find out why I prefer to workout in the mornings – besides it making me feel normal – in this blog post.
Use the code earthlings10 at checkout to receive 10% off your order at Pranamat while directly supporting Educating Earthlings without spending anything extra; we receive a commission when out code is used.
Along with throwing around the weights and working on my inversions (yoga talk), I’ve been really feeling it in the soreness department. I’ve always been a flexible little human and that has come in handy since I find myself stretching more than I remember!
There are so many other ways to help your muscles recover faster these days is crazy! Here are a few things that I do to ensure my muscles recover quickly and feel their best:
Hydrating your body means hydrating your muscles. When your muscles stay hydrated they have more oxygen running through them allowing for the healing power to FLOW! Plus, water is literally life, so drink more of it.
2. Warm up beforehand
DO NOT start lifting or sprinting or doing high-intensity workouts until you have warmed up your muscles first. Warming up your muscles beforehand is a necessary step in preventing injury. Cooldown is also very important.
3. Stretch (full body) post workout
Always stretch after a cooldown session. I like to do some light yoga after my lifting sessions as a cooldown before stretching – totally recommended. Then I stretch out all my muscles (even the ones I didn’t focus on that day).
4. Foam rolling
This works wonders on the legs! I do this on the day I work legs and the two days following leg day. It helps to loosen the tissue around your muscles allowing them to heal faster. It also feels go painfully amazing.
5. Massage mat: Pranamat ECO
Something I would LOVE to add to my list of recovery methods is sports massage, but it’s so expensive… This massage mat makes it affordable and super easy! I use my Pranamat on my back, legs, and feet 3-4 times per week and it’s been making a huge difference in my recovery time.
Benefits of Pranamat ECO
Let me tell you more about that amazing massage mat I mentioned!
Pranamat is designed with eastern wisdom in mind. It makes it easy to relieve aches and pains by using lotus shaped massage stimulators that put a little gentle pressure on those problem areas. It’s made with all eco-friendly materials and super easy to use.
Is Pranamat for you?
With regular use of your Pranamat, it will help to relieve aches, pain, and tension in your body. It also helps to improve your sleep quality, energy levels, and overall happiness!
It’s for athletes who are seeing enhanced recovery after training, those with tight muscles, back pain, fibrositis, lumbago, and sciatica. Using the Pranamat just a few minutes per day can help relieve symptoms AND treat the stem cause(s) of the problem.
How does Pranamat Work?
Pranamat uses the ancient principles of acupuncture mixed with modern technology of vitality restoration. This is what the massage mat does to your body:
- It stimulates blood circulation in the targeted region, which increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood to those muscles
- It warms the muscles from the increased blood circulation – perfect for treating and relieving pain
- It triggers the release of endorphins, your body’s natural painkillers, which are effective in blocking pain and creating a sense of well-being
An amazing feature about Pranamat is that it’s made from all natural and eco-friendly materials.
- The middle cushion is made from 100% coconut fibers – which are actually super soft and still firm enough to keep its shape.
- The liner is made from 100% un-dyed cotton and keeps the coconut fibers protected.
- The outside cover is made from 100% Linen – gentle of the skin and kind to the environment.
- The lotus flower massagers are made from hypoallergenic, surgery-grade plastic!
How to use your Pranamat
Ideally, you should lay on the mat so that your bare skin touches the massage flowers.
TIP: For the first couple weeks wear a lightweight shirt or sheet to protect your skin until you get used to the pressure.
Here are some of my favorite ways to use the Pranamat:
- Sore feet: stand on the mat (with thin socks on) for 5-10 minutes
- Tight back muscles: lay on the mat with your knees tucked in so that your lower back hits the massage flowers for 10-15 minutes
- Hamstring & glute relief: sit on the mat (with thin leggings on) in a char so hamstrings and glutes are touching the massage flowers for 10-15 minutes
- Tight quads: lay on the mat (with thin leggings on) face down so that your quadriceps are touching the massage flowers – also works well in cobra pose
- Tired hands: sit with the mat in your lap or on the floor in front of your and press your hands into the massage flowers for a few minutes
- Promote sleep: lay on the mat in bed with a good book for 15-20 minutes before turning out the lights
Trust me, they are worth every penny, but you don’t have to pay full price!
As I mentioned earlier, I was able to snag you guys a discount code off 10% off your order. Just use earthlings10 at checkout to save some money! You’ll also be supporting Educating Earthlings directly since I will receive a commission from the sale, no extra cost to you.
PRIVATE COACHING & ONLINE WORKSHOPS
IN MY PRIVATE COACHING PROGRAMS WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DETERMINE YOUR UNIQUE ENERGETICS AND CREATE A PROGRAM THAT BEST FITS YOUR NEEDS. OR ENROLL IN AN ONLINE WORKSHOP THAT’S GUIDED BY ME, YOUR COACH.