I think my obsession with pineapple has just been amplified! Obviously I love everything pineapple (especially this pineapple salsa). It has been my fav long for years, long before all this cutesy stuff showed up all over the place. It’s my logo! And all over my phone case, my shirts and my walls!
Pineapples are not only so darn cute, they are also super delicious and nutritious!
Pineapples contain over 130% of your daily vitamin C intake. They also include B vitamins and are a great source of Magnesium. Vitamin C is needed in order to synthesise collagen in your body. Collagen is the structural protein for your skin, hair, nails, blood vessels, organs, metal absorption and bone strength.
Even cooked pineapple or canned pineapple still holds its high nutritional value! The only thing that will depreciate is the vitamin C goes from about 130% of your daily intake to about 40% of your daily intake.
Here’s a recipe that includes pineapples: Tofu Coconut Curry Noodles w/ Pineapple
Best Ever Pineapple Salsa
For this recipe, you’re gonna want to first make sure you have all your ingredients. See the recipe card at the end of this post to find what you need! And make sure you have some corn tortilla chips. I love the Simply Balanced brand from target. They use organic and simple ingredients in all their products.
Pro Tip: Use the minced garlic from a jar, this will save your time and it’s super easy to just scoop out what you need for tons of other recipes!
Chop up all your veggies first, including the tomatoes and cilantro. Add them to a large bowl. This next part is a little tricky and you may need a few pointers.
The easiest way to cut a pineapple is to spend $10 and get this amazing kitchen tool!
If you don’t have this tool on hand or your don’t want to wait 2 days for it to amazon prime to your door, them you can follow these few steps.
- Cut off that beautiful “crown” and the base so you can stand the pineapple upright.
- Slice off the skin of the pineapple including the spikes in the inside (you may loose a little of the fruit to make sure you get all the spikes off)
- Next slice the pineapple into 6 long sections. If there is a hard inner core, cut that part out before moving on.
- Chop each section into small pieces. You may want to slice each section into 3 smaller part before chopping.
- When the whole pineapple is cut, add everything to the salsa mixture and combine well. Add the lime juice and a little salt if desired.
Pineapple Salsa Tofu Tacos
After you have made the pineapple salsa, all you need to do for the tacos is…
- Scramble some extra firm tofu in a pan with a bunch of chili powder and your other favorite taco seasonings in a large pan (add water to the mix if it gets too dry)
- Heat up some corn tortillas in the stove (I prefer the white corn tortillas – they are a little less corny :))
- Assemble your taco starting with the tofu “taco meat”, the pineapple salsa, some extra cilantro, and make is perfect by adding a little of your fav taco sauce, avocado or just a little extra lime juice!
Pineapple Salsa (and tofu tacos)
- a Fresh Pineapple
- 1 red onion
- a bunch of cilanto
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste (optional)
- extra firm tofu (for tacos)
- tons of chili powder (for tacos)
- white corn tortillas (for tacos)
- extra cilantro (for tacos - optional)
Start by chopping all the ingredients for the pineapple salsa including the pineapple, onion, tomatoes, jalapeño and cilantro. Then add the minced garlic and the lime juice.
Mix the pineapple salsa well, cover and set in the fridge for about 20 minutes to combine the flavors.
Enjoy the salsa with some chips! If you are making tacos, move onto step four!
Crumble the tofu (easiest to do this with your hands) into a large hot pan. Add as much chili powder as you like along with any other taco seasoning you use. garlic powder, onion powder and cumin are my go-tos.
Heat up some small corn tortillas (about 1 minute on each side) on the stove.
Assemble the taco with the tofu "taco meat" then the pineapple salsa you made earlier! If you want to add some extra cilantro or taco sauce go right ahead!
Make sure to check out the freebie library for more secret recipes, workouts, fit tips, and more!
Join the Earthling Tribe!
Come on board to receive access to my FREE resource library (just download anything you want, anytime), plus recipes, workouts, giveaways, and more!