Breakfast is my favorite! I look forward to the weekends when I have extra time in the morning to make something more than the usual (oatmeal or a smoothie). These pumpkin spice waffles, using Birch Benders mix, are PERFECT!!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles Made Simple
I’m not sure if you knew this, but you can basically take any vegan waffle mix – like Birch Benders – and add in pumpkin purée to make some heavenly creations!
This recipe is so simple I almost second guessed myself when testing it out.
For me, waffles are all about those toppings! When I was a little girl, we used to make “waffles with the works” which means we topped our waffle stack with peanut butter, jelly, whipped cream (yes, this was my pre-vegan days), fresh berries, maple syrup, and mini chocolate chips. It was heaven!
These pumpkin waffles are simply topped with some pure maple syrup, candied walnuts, and some powdered sugar (for those photo aesthetics of course).
Tip on how to get your waffles to look like these: Use a large four square waffle maker and just put a smaller amount in the middle of it. Then they will turn out all artsy fartsy like this! I can’t find the exact waffle maker I have (it’s quite old) but here’s a similar one.
The ingredients are simple!
You can even find them all on Amazon. I’ve linked them for you below.
- Birch Benders Classic Recipe mix
- Pumpkin Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice)
- Pumpkin purée
- Plant-based milk (I used this oat milk)
NOTE: Birch Benders has many vegan options for their mixes, but not all of them are vegan. Make sure to double check the ingredients! So far, I’ve found that the classic recipe, blueberry, and chocolate chip are all vegan.
Note about this recipe: You can easily make pancakes or muffins just by altering the amount of plant-based milk you use! For muffins, just keep the batter slightly thicker.
Vegan Pumpkin spice Waffles
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: about 9 large waffles||Total:|
Finally, a simple pumpkin spice waffle recipe that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 package Birch Benders Classic Recipe Pancake/Waffle Mix (24 oz)
- 1 package Organic Pumpkin Purée (16 oz)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice (approximate)
- 1 cup Oat Milk
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Make sure the pumpkin purée is well combined throughout.
- Cook in the waffle maker for about 5-6 minutes or until your machine says the waffle sare ready.
- Enjoy with some plant-based toppings of your choice!
These freeze well and make for some great toaster waffles later.
PRIVATE COACHING & ONLINE WORKSHOPS
IN MY PRIVATE COACHING PROGRAMS WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DETERMINE YOUR UNIQUE ENERGETICS AND CREATE A PROGRAM THAT BEST FITS YOUR NEEDS. OR ENROLL IN AN ONLINE WORKSHOP THAT’S GUIDED BY ME, YOUR COACH.