Happy Blogmas Beautiful Souls!
Welcome back to the 25 days of Blogmas 2017 – Day 23!
During the holiday season this year, and in the spirit of giving, Educating Earthlings is rolling out a huge Blogmas Giveaway focusing on wellness and vegan lifestyle!
Blogmas is an internet holiday where bloggers and YouTubers (vlogmas) create holiday content or blog daily. Most of us even host giveaways! I’ve hopped on the wagon this year and am so excited to be offering a HUGE Blogmas Giveaway Bundle for you beautiful humans! Use the button below (or click here) to enter the giveaway – good luck!
On to the post!
Blogmas is almost over and I’ve been having so much fun sharing daily posts with you all!
We always need a yin to the yang, a light to the dark, and a sweet to the salty. These pretzels are so easy to make at home with simple ingredients and easy instructions. The best way to make these gluten-free is to use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour.
The Secret to Perfect Homemade Pretzels
BAKING SODA WASH!!
This is a simple and easy step to make sure that your pretzels turn out perfectly crispy on the outside and still nice and soft in the middle.
Just mix a saturated blend of baking soda and water in a bowl and plop those little dough balls in there before baking! Easy peasy!
Order your ingredients from Amazon:
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
- Quick Acting Yeast
- Cane Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pink Himalayan Salt
Keep scrolling to learn more about going vegan or how to eat a plant-based diet!
Vegan & Gluten-Free Pretzel Bites
Sweet or salty, these pretzel bites will satisfy your every craving.
- FOR THE PRETZEL DOUGH
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 packet Quick Active Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- FOR THE OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Cinnamon & sugar mix
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Vegan Butter
- Prepare the quick active yeast according to the package and set aside to activate for about 2 minutes.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the warm water to the yeast and then add to the four mixture. Stir and knead the mixture until a soft dough ball forms - add more flour or warm water as needed.
- Place the dough ball back into the mixing bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes - it should almost double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF
- BAKING SODA WASH: Mix the baking soda with warm water until dissolved. Before adding the cinnamon & sugar or salt toppings, drop each dough ball into the baking soda wash. Then add to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for only 5-8 minutes (depending on your oven) - timing can be sensitive.
- When they are still hot, add the optional melted vegan butter and allow them to cool.
This will keep for about 3 days in a sealed container - but is best served warm from the oven!
START EATING MORE PLANTS!
If diving into that vegan lifestyle isn’t what you’re ready for yet, that’s okay! It took me 6 months to finally commit to veganism – now I can never see myself going back! Everyone’s transition is a little different; some go overnight and others take years!
Are you ready to start your transition process to a plant based-diet right now? Check out my Vegan Starter Guide: The Plant-Based Difference! Now available for instant download! Make sure you subscribe and check your email so that you can get your 5% off code! 🙂
THANKS FOR BEING PRESENT WITH ME FOR ANOTHER BLOGMAS POST! DON’T FORGET TO ENTER THE BLOGMAS GIVEAWAY USING THE FORM ABOVE!
PRIVATE COACHING & ONLINE WORKSHOPS
IN MY PRIVATE COACHING PROGRAMS WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DETERMINE YOUR UNIQUE ENERGETICS AND CREATE A PROGRAM THAT BEST FITS YOUR NEEDS. OR ENROLL IN AN ONLINE WORKSHOP THAT’S GUIDED BY ME, YOUR COACH.[foundry_call_to_action_block url="https://educating-earthlings.com/educating-you/" button_text="learn more"]