HAPPY NATIONAL PASTA DAY! (10/17/2018)
Yes, it is national pasta day. I LOVE pasta. I’ve always craved a pasta, rice and bread and my body loves it too! Especially when I ditched the animal products. I feel so good when I consume lots of carbs on a plant-based diet.
I just recently found out why my body craves so many carbs – it’s literally how I was designed when my soul came to this incarnation! Wtf am I talking about? I’m talking about the Human Design Experiment, which I’m learning a lot about right now. If you haven’t ever heard about Human Design I’ll give you a brief rundown on what it’s all about – read on…
The Human Design Experiment
When our souls were “born” (aka: came into our human vessel) we chose a specific portal to jump through that determines the hardwiring of how our energy thrives with the Universe during this lifetime. This portal is based on the karmas we need to overcome or lessons we need to learn. When we live our human lives by how we were hardwired, we are “in flow” with our soul’s purpose and we can manifest our dreams with ease; sign me up!
Each person has their own wiring system of energy – or Human Design Chart – that’s specific to them, but we all fall under one of 5 different “design types”. There are Generators, Manifestors, Manifesting-Generators, Projectors, and Reflectors. Find out what type you are for free here.
There are so many more details that each individual will have in their chart such as energy or non-energy being, emotional or non-emotions being, your not-self theme, and so much more. Your chart can even tell you how you should be eating, sleeping, exercising, working, communicating, how to parent, etc. in order to live in flow with your soul’s purpose!
WHAT? I just can’t get enough of how amazing this is and how much we can learn about ourselves.
Human Design could change the course of wellness forever!
My design type is a Projector which is one of the two non-energy types (Reflector’s are the other). This means that I don’t actually product my own energy and I must borrow it from outside sources. So, it’s very important for non-energy types to be surrounded by positive uplifting people so they can borrow that positive energy from others.
The other way non-energy types can get their every is from food! Carbohydrates are the easiest for our bodies to break down into energy, which is why I have always been a carb-o-holic! Just a reminder that your body knows best, listen to it and don’t ever deprive yourself.
Read more on Human Design in this post: Harnessing the Power of Human Design
Ready to kick start your plant based lifestyle?
Claim your spot in my Plant Based Difference Workshop! You’ll be guided through a 5 week program with everything you need to get started, including 2 private coaching sessions with me AND a 6-week Meal Guide for you to implement right away!
[foundry_call_to_action_block url=”https://learn.educating-earthlings.com/ebook-bundle” button_text=”online workshop”]
Get my eBook bundle! You’ll be provided with popular course content including the Vegan Starter Guide & 6-week Meal Guide.
[foundry_call_to_action_block url=”https://learn.educating-earthlings.com/ebook-bundle” button_text=”eBook bundle”]
Homemade Vegan Ravioli with Butternut Squash
Vegan Ricotta Cheese
Cheese is something most people have a hard time letting go. I don’t blame them! According to one study, cheese is just as addicting as heroin due to it’s sodium and saturated-fat ratio. Not to mention it’s literally fermented cow secretions…
Vegan cheese usually consists of a healthy fat (like almonds, cashews, coconut, or tofu) mixed with some salt and seasonings to add just the right flavors. This vegan ricotta cheese is a variation from this recipe I like to use for my fav vegan lasagna. I just added cashews and butternut squash and used a food processor to break it down into a creamier consistency.
Homemade Vegan Pasta
This is actually really simple! All you need for the pasta dough, is some flour, turmeric, and aquafaba.
Wtf is aquafaba?! It’s just chickpea water. You can find this in a can of chickpeas, or you can make your own to avoid those preservatives. Making your own is super easy…
- buy some dry chickpeas and soak them overnight (or 7 hours minimum)
- drain and rise the chickpeas
- cook the chickpeas (1 cup measured dry with 4 cups water – bring to boil and them simmer with lid on for 30-40 minutes)
- remove the chickpeas from the water and save in the fridge for other recipes or whatever
- keep the reserved water and boil it down to a thicker consistency – this is your aquafaba
- allow the aquafaba to cool and use in recipes like this one
Enjoy the recipe! & tag me on Instagram with your creations @educating.earthlings
Butternut Squash Ravioli
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 3-4 servings||Total:|
Homemade noodles & cheesy vegan filling - It's heaven on a plate
- THE PASTA
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp aquafaba
- THE FILLING
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked w/o skin
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- THE OIL SAUCE
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cracked red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- small handful fresh sage, roughly chopped
- Start by making sure you you all of the ingredients ready - i.e. you have some aquafaba set aside for the pasta & the squash is roasted and ready for the filling
- Mix together the ingredients for the pasta to form a ball of dough. Kneed for about 5 minutes for the ingredients to bind. Set aside in a bowl covered with a damp towel so it doesn't dry out while you prep the filling.
- Mix together the ingredients for the filling in your food processor. Pulse until everything is well combined and add other flavors if desired (you can add some cayenne pepper for spice or extra salt and pepper to taste) - set aside
- Create a clean surface and dust it with just a little flour to roll out the dough, for pasta you want the dough to be a thin as possible - if you have a pasta maker / roller feel free to use that as well.
- When the dough is thin enough, use a small cut out to create your desired shape (I used the top end of a water bottle for my circles). Work quickly so the dough doesn't dry out very much!
- Add 1 tsp of the filling to a piece and sandwich it between another. Pinch the edges tightly together and use a fork to make the design I have. Try your best to make sure there are no air bubbles in the ravioli.
- Start mixing the oil sauce in a saucepan. Mix together all the ingredient besides the fresh sage which will go in last. Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- While the oil sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil the ravioli for 8 minutes.
- Right then the pasta is done cooking remove the ravioli from the water and add them to the oil sauce. Mix gently to coat the ravioli and then add the fresh sage. Turn off the heat and add in the fresh sage, then cover again and allow to sit for about 2 minutes while you set the table or clean up your work space.
- Serve with a fresh salad & enjoy hot!
If you have any extra filling, keep it in the fridge to use for dips or to add into sauces or soups. It will keep for about a week - can also be frozen to keep longer.
PRIVATE COACHING & ONLINE WORKSHOPS
IN MY PRIVATE COACHING PROGRAMS WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DETERMINE YOUR UNIQUE ENERGETICS AND CREATE A PROGRAM THAT BEST FITS YOUR NEEDS. OR ENROLL IN AN ONLINE WORKSHOP THAT’S GUIDED BY ME, YOUR COACH.[foundry_call_to_action_block url="https://educating-earthlings.com/educating-you/" button_text="learn more"]