Happy Blogmas Beautiful Souls!
Welcome back to the 25 days of Blogmas 2017 – Day 2!
During the holiday season this year, and in the spirit of giving, Educating Earthlings is rolling out a huge Blogmas Giveaway focusing on wellness and vegan lifestyle!
Blogmas is an internet holiday where bloggers and YouTubers (vlogmas) create holiday content or blog daily. Most of us even host giveaways! I’ve hopped on the wagon this year and am so excited to be offering a HUGE Blogmas Giveaway Bundle for you beautiful humans! Use the button below (or click here) to enter the giveaway – good luck!
On to the recipe!
Homemade Cranberry Cheesecake
Today I will be sharing a new dessert recipe that I created for the holiday season. It’s super easy and only requires 6 ingredients, a blender, and a small pan. This recipe works best when baked then chilled, but can also be chilled and eaten raw!
Before I was vegan I was obsessed with cheesecake! It was always my fav dessert out at restaurants but I could never get it right when I made it at home. Now that I make all my food vegan, it’s super easy to make at home!
Some people think that turning your fav recipes vegan is hard. The reality is that it’s a lot easier to cook with plant-based foods! You never have to worry about something being raw or undercooked, and you never have to worry about the nasties that come with dairy or egg products!
Can you guess what the main ingredient is in this cheesecake recipe? CASHEWS!
Cashews make the creamiest of cheeses (any kind) and can usually be made in seconds using a food processor or blender!
Snag the free mini eBooks I offer over in the Freebie Library! I have two amazing cashew recipe books available for you to download now! Just fill out the subscription form to receive the password to download!
What’s your favorite dessert recipe? Leave a comment below!
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 4-6 Slices||Total:|
Vegan & gluten-free cheesecake recipe that can also be made raw vegan!
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked
- 1 14oz can Cranberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 10 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp Coconut Butter
- Coconut Shreds (optional)
- Soak the cashews for more than 3 hours. Rinse and pat dry.
- Add the rolled oats, pitted dates, and coconut butter into the blender or food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are mixed well - you may have to scrape the sides down a few times.
- Press this mixture into 9 x 5 inch bread pan lined with parchment paper & rinse the blender.
- Add the cashews, cranberries, and lemon juice into the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake at 300ºF for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Make it Raw: Add 1/2 the lemon juice and 1/4 cup more cashews to the cheesecake filling. Keep in the fridge overnight to set.
Serve with coconut flakes and some vegan whipped cream!
DIY Vegan Whipped Cream: canned (full fat) coconut milk, chilled + coconut sugar! Just whip those two ingredients on high and it's ready to go!